Facedekk Pro for Facebook
Description of App
Facedekk™ allows you to set up more than one Facebook account and have them all literally at your fingertips with no need to log in and out of each account.
With Facedekk™ you can:
- Post a single message to ALL your accounts or only to select accounts. Pick which accounts you want to post to when writing the message. Each message will be posted to the corresponding user's wall as that user!
- Post status updates to your wall, your friends' wall, your fan pages or pages you are an admin for.
- Post photos to your wall. You can take a new photo to use for the post or select a photo already on your device.
- View live feeds and filter by Live Feed, Pages, Status updates, Photos, Links, Videos Notes and Groups.
- Tap on photos AND VIDEOS in posts to view full screen. Photos open up the Facedekk™ photo browser so you can view all photos in the album or view photo album thumbnails.
- View wall, profile and photo albums of your friends and others that post to your wall or to your public Facebook feed. Just tap the user's name in the post and their Wall opens. Once the wall is open you can navigate to the User Info or Photo Album screen for that user.
- View your friends list and access their wall from there. Friends are sorted alphabetically by default. Have a lot of friends? You can now SEARCH the friends list to find who you are looking for even quicker!
- Manage Fan Page wall posts! Pages are listed and sorted by pages you admin and pages you have "fanned" or "liked". Post messages to both Fan Pages and Admin Pages.
- Facebook Mail! Read messages in your Facebook mailbox. Compose new messages to your friends and reply to messages in your mailbox. Messages are marked as read as you read them. Message deleting is not yet possible.
- Facebook Notifications. Not only to you receive notifications from Facebook you can also tap the notifications to view the user related to the notification as well as the photo, status, video or other posting the notification references.
- Created another Facebook account? Just add it to Facedekk™! It couldn't be easier!
- Facedekk™ will run on your iPod, your iPhone and natively on your iPad as well.
- Create new photo albums and upload photos directly to photo albums from within Facedekk™.
Free or Paid
Device(s) App Was Tested On
Mostly Voice Over accessible with a few buttons not labeled.
The app brings some different things to the table from other Facebook alternative apps. The first thing I will say is that this is like other Facebook alternatives I've looked at and that is this not the silver bullet as we may all be looking for. Just like in other apps it has potential but fall short in some areas. There are five buttons along the bottom labeled as the following: Wall, Feeds, Notifications, Mail, and More. The one area here is the Notifications. For some reason I could not get this to work at all for me. Keeps asking for my credentials on Facebook. Never could resolve this issue. In the More sections you will find the following: User Info, Friends, and Photos
Pages and Groups. Had no problems in this area and doesn't really bring to the table anything new that I can't do in Facebook app itself. In the Feeds tab shows a row of buttons towards the top of the screen as the following: Status, Photos, Link. I haven't seen a Link option before. This allows you to post a Link for your Status. All of these buttons are easy to use and do show how many characters you have left for posting a Status. Nice features that I also haven't seen before. In the top right of your Feeds screen is a button that is not labeled but it is simply the Actions button. This gives you the following actions you can perform: Global Status Post, Account Settings, Privacy Settings, and Check-In. Now in the Account Settings I couldn't get anything but an error to this page. All the other options work well. The Privacy Settings is also a new option I hadn't seen before either. Lastly, in the Feeds tab you will see all the status from your friends. If it has any comments or Likes it will display a button at the end of each status. However, if it does not have a comment or likes it will not display a button. As usual like other Facebook alternative apps and the Facebook app itself you can't add a comment or Like a status without it first having one. So once it has been commented on or Liked and only then can you Like or Comment on the status. Also, there is no way to filter all those wonderful games your friends like to play and post. The Feeds will also only display so many status on a given page and towards the bottom of this feed there is a Get More option to load more statuses. All-in-all I hope to see the developer improve on the app and hope it will fix some of the minor issues. If I see any updates and improvements to this app I will certainly be posting and updating it here. For the time being I will stick to my original Facebook app along with the Focus app.