Description of App:
- Apple Design Award 2010 Winner
- App of the Week in the United States, Germany, United Kingdom and many other countries
- Best Reference App at the 2010 and 2011 Best App Ever Awards
- O'Reilly App Smackdown: Best App for Wikipedia
- Double-tap (and hold) on the article to display the Chapter Index control.
- Tap the status bar to scroll back to the search bar.
- Pinch the article view to increase or decrease the text size.
- Tap-and-hold a link to open an article in a new page.
- Tap and hold on text to copy and paste article content.
- Tap and hold on links and images to reveal more actions.
- Tap and hold the Toolbar to start customizing all items.
- Pull down the article view to lock or unlock the current screen orientation.
- Shake your device to open a random article.
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
This is fairly accessible with VoiceOver.
Wikipedia entries are accessible, but do note the comment in the description on tapping the status bar to reveal the Search box, as it won't work properly if you swipe to it - focus will move to the search field and the onscreen keyboard will appear, but the search simply won't work.
I've not been able to replicate the following gesture which is also mentioned in the description:
Double-tap (and hold) on the article to display the Chapter Index control.
Other than this, it's okay, but I'm not sure of any real benefit for VoiceOver users over the official Wikipedia app.