Description of App:
Stop emailing yourself notes and URL links! Stop fumbling with that tiny keyboard! Get myPhoneDesktop now and see What You've Been Missing. myPhoneDesktop provides the easiest way to work with iPhone, iPad or iPod directly from your desktop.
Whether you need to make a phone call; send a long SMS; copy large amount of text; open a long and complicated to retype URL; or save an image to your iPhone - myPhoneDesktop streamlines your workflow.
"myPhoneDesktop transforms the way you move data from a Mac to an iPhone, simplifying the process along the way"
Have you ever tried to type a long SMS on your iPhone? How about entering a long URL where even a single mistake would render it unusable? What about typing a half page of notes?
The shortest way to complete a task is usually the most comfortable way. See how easy it is to send content to your iPhone: Select a URL you need to open on your iPhone. Press the Cmd+C+C and in second see your URL opens on your iPhone. That’s it! myPhoneDesktop even smart enough to recognize type of copied data and perform appropriate action with it. Try to select a phone number, press Cmd+C+C and now your iPhone dials that number. Isn’t that easy?
myPhoneDesktop highly praised by the Lifehacker, Gizmodo, TUAW, MacStories and many other websites as well as really appreciated by the users. Sounds interesting? Stop fumbling with that little touchscreen. Download myPhoneDesktop now and see what your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad can really do!
- Universal application works with iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
- Works over 3G or WiFi (requires creation of a FREE account)
- Complete iOS 4.2 support with ability to run in background for up to 10 min after leaving the app
- Uses Push Notifications to simplify workflow
- Works with multiple accounts and devices
- Call any telephone number from any application or Web browser
- Initiate direct Calls and send SMS through Google Voice
- Import contacts form Apple's Address Book, Microsoft Outlook, Mozilla Thunderbird or from CSV files (Gmail, Yahoo!, Hotmail, etc)
- Auto-Complete and Quick Dial for Phone Numbers
- Open complicated URL with Map’s location or route on your iPhone in seconds
- Open URLs in alternative browsers - iCab Mobile, Atomic Web Browser, and Perfect Browser
- Simplify sending long SMS to your friend, colleague or a client
- Bring your notes or any amount of text with you in seconds
- Save Images or Photos to your iPhone from any application or Web browser
- FREE Desktop clients (Mac OS X, Windows, Linux) or a Web Client
- Handy global keyboard shortcuts (i.e. Cmd+C+C) and automatic content type recognition
- Plug-ins for popular desktop applications like LaunchBar, Quicksilver, Apple Address Book and Google Chrome
- Integration with popular iPhone apps – Skype, Google Search and Map, Todo (by Appigo), Stanza, Instapaper, GV Connect, GoodReader and WolframAlpha
- Bookmarklet to send any content from any Webpage to your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
What if I already have apps like Dropbox or Evernote? Do I still need myPhoneDesktop?
Yes! Absolutely! myPhoneDesktop is different. Use myPhoneDesktop to immediately send content to your iDevice and to perform chosen action on received content – call that phone number, open map route, save image into Photo album, and many more...
We love your positive feedback! Please post or update your app review to tell others about benefits of using myPhoneDesktop. Stay tuned for new cool features.
For more information visit myphonedesktop.com
Got an idea for new and innovative mobile app and looking for an experienced development team to implement it? Contact us with your idea: firstname.lastname@example.org
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
The iOS app is fully accessible, however the Windows desktop client is not, because it is written in Java, and it is done in such a way that even the Java Accessbridge cannot interact with it. In short, Java Accessbridge allows assistive technologies to interact with java applications, both desktop and the web. As a workaround to the desktop client, you can use the web client at https://myphonedesktop.com.
When you start the app, you must touch the create account button then double tap to activate it and start creating your account. This button, as well as the forgot password button, is not accessible using the swipe gestures.