Description of App
Get the official Gmail experience for your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.
With the Gmail app, you can:
- Receive notification badges for new messages
- Read your mail with threaded conversations
- Organize your mail by archiving, labeling, starring, deleting, and reporting spam
- Keep track of important messages with priority inbox
- Auto-complete contact names as you type
- Send and receive attachments
- Search through all your mail
The Gmail app is available for devices running iOS 4+.
Free or Paid
Device(s) App Was Tested On
Yet another horribly inaccessible app from Google. Considering their size and supposed ethos, they really should be ashamed.
When tapping on the menu button (top left corner of the page), a menu slides onto the left half of the page. You will need to tap into this area to move VoiceOver focus onto menu items. However, it's still a waste of time, as double-tapping on any item in the menu (these are mostly your email folders) seems to achieve nothing. The right side of the screen still keeps on displaying whatever folder you are already in.
When VoiceOver is disabled, a tap on a menu item has the menu slide back out of site, and there you are, in your chosen folder. It's all very nice and slick, but not for us VoiceOver users.
When browsing messages there also appear to be a number of unlabelled elements. There didn't seem any point in wasting time trying to figure out what those might be, as the app won't be staying on my iPhone.
Back to the main iOS mail app we go.
Did I mention that Google should be ashamed?