Description of App:
All the USA TODAY content you love in a sleek new design, updated 24 hours a day, 7 days a week on your iPhone and iPod Touch.
In the 2.1 release:
NEW: Look for ‘Top Videos’ categories within each section
NEW: Sports now features USA TODAY Coaches Poll
Photo Galleries now support pinch & zoom functionality
And did you know you can also:
Change your background color and font size in Settings > Article Display Options
Add Weather locations by tapping the ‘info’ button
Download stories for Offline Reading in Settings > Offline Mode
Manage your Breaking News alerts in your iPhone/iPod Touch’s Settings > Notifications menu
But the “2.0” app also features:
- Simple, unified drop-down navigation. Easily move between articles in a section with a swipe gesture.
Headlines and Breaking News
- Browse and read stories from News, Money, Sports, Life, Tech and Travel. Watch related videos, enlarge images and share stories via Facebook, Twitter, email or text message. Get notified of breaking news via a breaking news banner in News and by subscribing to push notifications.
- Review the latest sports scores for NFL, MLB, NBA, NHL, MLS, college football and college basketball. Filter college scores down to your favorite conferences.
- Flip through the day’s best photos from news, sports and celebrities. Check out the latest editorial cartoons from around the country. Share your favorite photo galleries with friends.
- Get live weather conditions and the five-day forecast for your favorite locations. Pinch and zoom your interactive weather radar map (radar for U.S. locations only).
- Scan through USA TODAY Snapshots, vote on the related poll questions and review responses from other users by filtering the results down to your current state and city (U.S. cities only).
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
At a quick glance. One would think this is fairly accessible. Sadly, once you double tap to read an article. You are unable to read the news. So it is pretty much useless.