Description of App
Mediafly Mobile is the premium app for finding, playing, & managing subscriptions to audio and video podcasts and webcasts.
Powered by the Mediafly(R) CloudMediaOS(TM), this app delivers on-demand personalized channels of your favorite shows enabling you to watch/listen to what you want, when you want it.
Enjoy popular channels such as news, sports, business, technology, science, celebrity gossip, comedy & much more… Or create your own channels.
Select from over 20,000 shows – everything from your favorite network news program to award-winning original web programs.
- Play audio and video shows on-demand
- Play video shows via WiFi or preload and play offline
- Play audio shows via Cell, WiFi, or preload and play offline
- “Continuous Play” channels that let you just “tune in” and relax.
- Organize your shows into easy channels, such as News, Business, Sports, Technology, etc. Fresh updates from your shows will automatically be delivered for you to enjoy!
- Manage all of your shows and channels from the iPhone app or from Mediafly.com
- Link your app to a Mediafly account and get the same channels on your iPhone and at home or office on your other Mediafly enabled devices.
- Search and browse over 20,000 audio and video shows from major networks and independent creators… play and episode or two or add them to your channels for easy access in the future
- Link multiple accounts to one iPhone (one for you and one for the kids perhaps)
- Access all new episodes via the “New Stuff” channel
- Browse current and past episodes from any show with the swipe of your finger
- App detects if you are have WiFi, Cell, or no signal and adjusts your “playable” content automatically.
- Background audio playback
- Full multitasking support
- Support for Apple TV output adapter for iPad, iPhone4, iPod Touch 4 (Great accessory if you want to watch on your big screen TV)
- Jump forward 30s / back 10s buttons to player
- Support for headphone controls
- Email sharing
Start with the default popular channels.
Next, personalize the channels: link your iPhone to any Mediafly account and choose exactly which channels and shows you want. This also enables you to enjoy the same channels on other Mediafly enabled devices and the Mediafly.com website.
Free or Paid
Device(s) App Was Tested On
This app is usable with VoiceOver.
Button labelling is generally okay, although in some instances it could be slightly less cryptic. The layout of the app is fairly intuitive, which makes it easy to navigate.
However, I did find that the app often became very unresponsive when used with VoiceOver. This was most apparent on the page where you view more details of a podcast. This page would frequently freeze when I double-tapped on buttons, particularly those which activated the embedded tabs. When VoiceOver was disabled this problem was not evident, so this would indicate that this is a VoiceOver-specific issue. This freezing of the app was so regular that I deleted the app. Others might be more tolerant.