Description of App:
Music Studio offers a complete music production environment for the iPad/iPhone/iPod touch with features and a sound quality previously only known to desktop applications and expensive audio hardware.
It combines a piano keyboard, 11 studio-quality instruments (65 in the full version), a fully fledged 127-track sequencer, extensive note editing, reverb, real-time effects and much more on a user-friendly interface.
Visit www.xewton.com for video tutorials, forums and demo songs!
AWARDS & REVIEWS OF THE FULL VERSION
• "A recent composition of mine started on the iPhone with Music Studio" - Jason Hayes, lead composer of "World of Warcraft"
• "GarageBand on your iDevice" - TouchMyApps.com
• "Music Studio is loaded to the brim with features and is a no brainer for composers" - AppAdvice.com
• "If you’re at all serious about your music you can’t really afford to miss out on this app." - razorianfly.com
• "Music Studio justifies the purchase of an iDevice if you're really into it." - appfreakblog.com
• Awards from BestAppEver.com, iPhoneAppsPlus.com, Palm Sounds
• Photorealistic, dynamically configurable 60-key keyboard (85 in the full version)
• Instant positioning via the slide gesture and resize with the pinch gesture
• Drum pads, chord pads and chord programming
• 11 studio-recorded instruments (16bit 44.1kHz sampled from real instruments)
• Release and attack time configurable per instrument
• Sustain samples
• Pitch bend wheel and accelerometer control
• Audio tracks:
• Microphone recording
• AudioCopy & AudioPaste
• iPod library or wav/mp3/AAC/ogg file import
• Waveform and audio region editing
• Record up to 8 channels simultaneously with CoreAudio (class compliant) hardware
• Low-latency, highly optimized, 64x polyphony, battery saving audio engine
• 10 beats (drum loops)
• High-quality reverb
• Resonant filter effect
• 127-track sequencer
• Beat & metronome settings (tempo, signature)
• Per-track mute, solo, effect bus, pan and volume adjustment
• Edit whole tracks or bars, down to individual notes:
Draw, quantize, transpose, repeat, move, length, velocity, etc.
• Unlimited undo and redo
• Detailed in-app help
• Play or record 2 different instruments at the same time with 2 keyboard rows
• iPhone 4 Retina Display supported
• Compatible audio hardware: iRig, iRig Mic, Ampkit Link, Blue Mikey, Apogee Jam
LIMITATIONS OF THE LITE VERSION
• Saving, exporting and sharing is disabled, hence only one song can be created
• Only 11 instead of 65 instruments are available
• The number of audio tracks is limited to 2 (up to 127 in the full version)
• The keyboard is limited to 5 octaves instead of 7 (85 keys)
• 3 Effects are not available: delay, equalizer and amplifier
• Only 10 instead of 100 beats
• The full version features iTunes file sharing and a WiFi server for exchanging files with your computer.
• MIDI import/export is disabled.
• No add-on packages (+60 instruments)
• No external MIDI hardware is supported. The full version is compatible with:
CoreMIDI (MIDI in and out), Line 6 MIDI Mobilizer I & II, Akai SynthStation 25, iRig MIDI, Alesis IO Dock and iConnectMIDI
Free email support at email@example.com - Questions, feedback and bug reports are welcome!
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
This app is completely inaccessible. This is a shame. The app has a lot of potential. I think the developer of this app should be made aware of the needs of VoiceOver users.