Description of App:
BoxyTunes FREE — the audio, music, and podcast player for Dropbox!Finally! Now you can take all your music with you — thanks to the FREE version of our highly rated, easy-to-use cloud music player BoxyTunes.
- FREEDOM! Cut the cord! Wirelessly play music or podcasts on your iOS device. With BoxyTunes FREE, you create a music playlist that's built from any song in your Dropbox account.
- CONTROL! Play, pause, or skip tracks from your iPhone earbuds, Bluetooth headphones, or the iPhone lock screen.
- CUSTOMIZE! Download, rearrange, and delete tracks to customize your playlist.
- MULTI-TASK! "Set it and forget it." BoxyTunes FREE plays in the background while you use other iPhone apps.
- ANY WAY YOU WANT IT! BoxyTunes FREE supports the iPhone 4's Retina display. Go ahead and rotate - BoxyTunes FREE works in any orientation.
- FLEXIBILITY! BoxyTunes FREE supports mp3, m4a, wav, aiff, mp4, caf, and aac files.
BoxyTunes FREE is a demo version of the full version of BoxyTunes. The full version of BoxyTunes adds even more features:
- Vari-speed scrubbing. Sliding horizontally seeks within the song and sliding vertically changes the scrubbing speed.
- "Quick rewind" button lets you jump back 30 seconds with just a click.
- Displays cover art, album, artist, and song title for mp3, m4a, and mp4 files.
- AirPlay compatible! In app controls for switching between Bluetooth and AirPlay devices (e.g. Apple TV) for sound output.
- iPad support.
Pro Tip: Mac users: Create a symbolic link in Dropbox to your iTunes podcast directory. This will let you wirelessly get podcasts from Dropbox as your computer downloads them at home.FAQ:
- Files stay on your device until deleted from your playlist (even if you restart the app or the phone). So once a transfer is complete, you can go ahead and use airplane mode.
- BoxyTunes requires a FREE Dropbox account. A 2GB Dropbox account is FREE and you can even sign up from within the app. Or go to http://dropbox.com to learn more about Dropbox plans and pricing.
- BoxyTunes supports mp3, m4a, wav, aiff, mp4, caf, and aac files. Note that support is limited to formats supported by iOS. For example, while wav files created by iTunes will play, wav files created by other programs may not work.
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
This app is fully accessible with VoiceOver.The only minor issue is when browsing files on Dropbox. Double-tapping on a file will mark it as selected (which means that it will be downloaded to your iDevice). Unfortunately, VoiceOver gives no feedback on which files have been selected.Other than this, the app is very simple to use.