Description of App
AmpKit is the ultimate guitar amps, effects and recording app for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch*, now with iPad Retina display graphics and an even greater selection of gear in the Gear Store, including the first full-featured, modern bass amp available on iOS.
To enjoy the best possible tone with AmpKit, use Peavey AmpKit LiNK to connect your guitar or bass to your iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch*.
- The largest guitar and bass gear selection of any amp sim app: 36 amp channels, 24 effects, 21 cabinets, and 8 mics.
- A massive collection of presets: 114 in total!
- Five great cost-saving bundles including the new Summer ‘11 Pack with 6 brand-new amps, 6 cabs, and 4 new effect pedals.
- Powerful features including recording session mix down, Audio Copy & Paste, background audio support, and much more.
Premier Guitar: "AmpKit is the most impressive amp modeling software that I've encountered for the iPhone."
Ars Technica: "Agile Partners' better hardware, beautiful graphics, abundance of effects, and the ability to use more than three effects simultaneously make that application a winner in our book."
CrunchGear: "AmpKit's guitar tones are great! From crushing distortion to kooky tremolo, there are many tones to choose from and it is easy to navigate through the options with speed and efficiency."
This free version of AmpKit comes with the following gear:
- Peavey ValveKing amp (clean and lead channels)
- Two ValveKing cabinets (4x12 and 1x12)
- Two pedals (Noise Gate, Elevenizer overdrive pedal)
- Two mics
An amazing array of additional gear is available for purchase through AmpKit's in-app Gear Store, for a total of:
- 20 amps with 36 separate amp channels, each modeled after the actual circuitry of amplifiers from leading manufacturers.
- 24 effects pedals, including advanced noise reduction, tremolo, distortion, fuzz, reverb, delay, 10-band EQ, octaver, flanger, phaser, vibrato, chorus, boost, compressor, overdrive, and an all-in-one envelope filter + auto-wah + manual wah with accelerometer tilt support.
- 21 cabinets
- 8 mics
- More gear on the way!
- Support for true high-gain operation.
- Run a dozen or more effects at once.
- Hear the difference dual-stage amp simulation makes
- Amazing flexibility and tone control: place pedals virtually anywhere in the effects chain including after the cabinet and before and after the amp.
- Effects Only Mode allows you to use AmpKit as an effects processor connected into an actual amp.
- Mic positioning control.
- 114 predefined amp / pedal presets.
- Create and save an unlimited number of your own custom setups with Favorites and Locking.
- Share your favorite setups with friends via email.
- QuickJump: jump from one favorite setup or preset to another.
- Advanced recording: AmpKit creates both “dry” and “wet” recordings.
- Ability to "re-amp": re-record a previous session, applying a new amp and pedals setup.
- Recording session mix down: mix down a wet guitar recording with the backing track it was played with.
- Audio Copy & Paste: copy AmpKit recordings and paste them in other iOS apps.
- Paste audio from other apps into AmpKit, a great solution for multi-track recording.
- Instant access to your complete iPod music library so you can jam along.
- Download AmpKit recordings to your computer, email recordings, or share using SoundCloud.
- Multitasking Support / Background Audio: AmpKit can operate and produce audio when running in the background.
Follow AmpKit on Twitter: @AmpKit
Be an AmpKit fan on Facebook: Facebook.com/AmpKit
*Except first generation iPod touch
Free or Paid
Device(s) App Was Tested On
The newest version of this app works very well with Voiceover. Everything is now editable, you can pick amps, cabinets and pedals with no problem. You can adjust the signal chain, adjust pedal and amp controls, change amp channels, etc. When editing amps or pedals, the gear store, which allows you to buy further gear, is always displayed, however if you touch along the right side of the screen you can see the controls which can be adjusted.
The recording screen has a couple buttons which are labeled as blank, but they do have labels in the middle of the screen. I'd imagine the developers will fix this next release. The two buttons are re-amp and live re-amp.
The help page is totally accessible, and it's a good thing to read over before creating setups.
This app sounds awesome. You do need some sort of interface to get your guitar into the iOS device, such as Peavey's AmpKit Link, iRig's interface, etc. But if you have those it sounds really good.