Description of App:
Say hello to Evi.
Evi is the one mobile app that provides solutions for your everyday problems.
Unlike a search engine, which simply looks for matching words and shows you a list of websites, Evi understands what you want to know and gives back exactly what you need in order to get stuff done.
Need to know where the nearest place to buy milk? She can help. Going out for dinner, but can’t decide where? She can help with that too. You can even ask her to send a text message to your friends and invite them along and then mark the date in your diary!
Life is simpler with Evi.
- Voice or text input - Chat to Evi in plain English and she will understand
-Get stuff done – With voice powered phone controls, you can schedule events, make calls, send SMS or email your friends.
- Local information for UK and USA - Shopping, news, dining and more. Evi knows where you are and gives answers based on your location
- Built in browser – No need to swap to a different browser, view web links within Evi's app
- A learning and adapting intelligence – Rate Evi’s answers to help her learn more about the world
- More than a search engine - Evi takes the searching out of search, able to review and compare nearly a billion facts from her database to give you exactly what you need.
Apple Watch Support:
Free or Paid:
Device(s) App Was Tested On:
Mostly accessible with Voice Over.
Evi is another Siri like app for your 3gs and 4 phones. In recent days they have improved the server being busy and I now find it very responsive. The only thing to note is when you double tap on the Listen button to speak your query is that you will not hear of any indication that it is listening. Just speak your query and stop speaking. It will then come back with an answer for you. Swiping right of the Listen button will be the question you have asked. Above towards the top of the screen will be all of your query you have already asked with the answer EVI has returned to you. The nice feature of EVI is that it will say out loud the answer. Unlike Speaktoi Assisstant where you have to hunt for your answer on the screen.
For the most part asking very specific questions can be quite accurate. Like a driving distance or even the flying time between two cities. Does a good job of converting currency, time, temp, and all sorts of things. So I was able to say Convert 40 knots in to miles per hour. I ask what is the 7th President of the United Sates and it was correct. Just like other Siri like apps it may take a few time with different way in saying it before she will understand or give you the correct information. This is a very interesting app. So far I prefer this app over Voice Actions, Voice Ask, and Speaktoi Assistant.