Description of App
If you like this product, check out the Mac Smart Recorder at
There is a free version of this product available here:
Smart Recorder is the best audio recorder for the iPhone and iPad. Use it to record meetings, interview, lectures, classes, todo lists, shopping lists or even your kids voices. What ever the task, Smart Recorder is the ideal tool. It produces high quality recordings and supports a variety of features:
- A simple user interface
- Background recording and playback (other apps can run while Smart Recorder is recording or playing or your device can be sleeping during recording or playback)
- Generation of ringtones for the iPhone
- Sonoma Wireworks MAPI Copy/Paste support--exchange recordings with any of 90 apps which support MAPI
- Multiple export/import methods including:
- Wifi sync
- iTunes file sharing
- Multiple supported export formats including CAF, WAV, AIF and MP4.
- Alert prompts to help you choose a format for exporting larger recordings.
- Add tags or pictures to mark positions in a recording
- Time slider/forward/back buttons to quickly navigate through your recordings
- Bluetooth and external headset support
- Auto pause/voice activated recording
- Variable speed playback with optional pitch correction
- Many system settings to control the behavior of Smart Recorder
- Stereo support
- Flip mode to put the Mic on top
- Append to existing recordings
- Categorize/sort recordings
- No time limit on recordings
- Comprehensive help section that describes all of the recorder's features
- Universal app for both iPhone and iPad
Buy now and you will get free upgrades with many new features!!!
Free or Paid
Device(s) App Was Tested On
This is usable with VoiceOver, but you will need to spend a little time familiarizing yourself with the interface and controls.
Some buttons are poorly labelled, but for the most part are still fairly easy to work with.
The page that is displayed when you are recording might be a little confusing at first, because in addition to the record and playback controls it also contains various options and settings. This can mean that recordings are littered with the sound of VoiceOver chattering away, as you try to find the controls that you are looking for.
VoiceOver is muted somewhat when you start a recording, but not to a level where you are likely to struggle to hear it.