Mr. Brown Can Moo, Can You? - Dr. Seuss
Description of App
Dr. Seuss's Book of Wonderful Noises, "Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You?" is now available as an interactive omBook!
- Top 10 in paid iPad and iPhone book apps on the App Store - May 2011
- "New and Noteworthy" - Apple
- "A must-have for any digital bookshelf!" - Digital Storytime
- "This is a great book for kids!" - Internet Gumshoe
- Five stars out of five - Common Sense Media
- "Rock solid and highly recommended at about ½ the price of the print books." - Examiner.com
Continue reading on Examiner.com New iPhone Apps: Mr. Brown Can Moo! Can You? and Five Little Monkeys Sitting in - Washington DC DC Video Game | Examiner.com http://www.examiner.com/dc-video-game-in-washington-dc/new-iphone-apps-mr-brown-can-moo-can-you-and-five-littl...
"He can go like a cork...
POP POP POP POP
He can go like horse feet
KLOPP KLOPP KLOPP"
Oh, the wonderful things Mr. Brown can do! Join the fun as Mr. Brown displays his talent, imitating everything from cows and trains to a hippopotamus chewing gum! CHOO CHOO CHOO and GRUM GRUM GRUM! This wildly wacky story of sounds and words will keep readers giggling the whole way through. Whether it's eggs frying in a pan or a big cat drinking, SLURP SLURP SLURP, Mr. Brown can do it, how about you?
New features only available in this omBook include professional narration, background audio and enlarged artwork for each scene. To promote reading in young children, individual words are highlighted as the story is read and words zoom up when pictures are touched. By combining the original text and artwork of Dr. Seuss with features that entertain and promote reading, this omBook appeals to readers of all ages.
Three ways to read this omBook (Oceanhouse Media digital book):
- "Read to Me" — listen to the narrated story with words highlighted as they are read
- "Read it Myself" — read the book in its traditional form
- "Auto Play" — plays like a movie, automatically reading and turning pages. Great for younger children!
- Picture / Word association — words zoom up and are spoken when pictures are touched
- Individual words highlight and are read aloud when tapped
- Professional audio narration
- Custom background audio for each scene
- This 'Universal App' is optimized for Retina displays and the iPad
omBook™ - "Beyond the eBook"
Learn more about Oceanhouse Media digital books at www.ombook.com
More Dr. Seuss titles: www.ombook.com/seuss
Follow us: twitter.com/oceanhousemedia
Like us: facebook.com/oceanhousemedia
Gift this app! - Click the "Buy App" arrow on the iTunes® App Store
Official Dr. Seuss licensed iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch App.
Dr. Seuss Properties ™ & © 2011 Dr. Seuss Enterprises, L.P., All rights reserved.
Free or Paid
Device(s) App Was Tested On
I posted this book because I thought it was particularly suited to blind children. Each book is a separate app and there are lots of these books to choose from. The reading is professional though not as exciting as the recordings I listened to as a kid some 37 years ago.